Baby constipation is a common problem of more than three to five years child. This problem of a child for few months and a few days after the toilet closed. About one-third of children, regardless of age, are subject to occasional constipation.
What is baby constipation?
When the baby’s fecal matter is hard, solid and sometimes in the form of pellets is called baby constipation.
Constipation usually causes discomfort in the baby and for this reason crying. The child can shout pain. The fact that the child is restrained from going to the toilet is also an indicator: a constipated child often has pain when he goes to the saddle, due to anal fissures that can begin to bleed.
What are the causes of baby constipation?
Many of the children were constipation. Some medical reasons and some are surgical problems. For example, if a child has hypothyroidism, children eat less water, the food you eat more meat, eat fast food, then they can be constipation. In addition, there are some reasons for constipation may be surgical. We are called it anal fissure, piles, hemorrhoids, rectal stenosis there are a lot of problems for bulk such children may be constipation.
Constipation is a very common problem in children who are breastfed. Baby’s stool is usually soft and yellowish.
There are some causes of baby constipation
- A deficiency of dietary fiber or liquids could be to blame.
- Food reason: many children suffer constipation for low-fiber diet. Eating a lot of cow’s milk is also one of the causes of constipation.
- In contrast, an excess of dairy products, meat, or very fatty or sweet foods can cause constipation.
- In babies, being fed formula rather than breastfeeding sometimes promotes constipation.
- Physical Problem: anorectal stenosis or inborn anus is closed.
- If the physical power loss or haipotaniya.
- In rare cases, constipation is due to a digestive malformation, which is often detected very early by doctors, because it is associated with vomiting or stunted growth.
- Hirschsprung’s disease is also a possible cause of constipation, which requires surgery. It is an abnormality of the functioning of the muscles of the colon, affecting one child in about 5000.
- The cause of constipation in children may be psychological in nature. Fear of saddling, for example, is widespread among preschoolers.
- Heredity may have a role to play in constipation. If you have trouble getting to the bowel, your children may have the same problem.
- Taking certain medications, such as anticonvulsants or antacids, can cause constipation.
- Some more severe conditions can cause constipation in the child. If the problem persists, a medical examination should be performed to detect any malformation of the rectum or anus or Hirschsprung’s disease. These conditions can be very serious and require extensive intervention.
Sign and Symptoms of Baby constipation:
Usually the symptoms of constipation, as well as the vomiting tendency, stomach pain, flatulence, etc. may be. So, always keep an eye on the kid’s meal. Should not eat any food which can cause constipation.
The main symptoms are baby constipation:
- The child goes to the bowel less than twice a week
- Stool emission is painful and difficult
- Its stools are dry, hard and small or, on the contrary, very voluminous
- The child complains of stomach pain and gas
- In some cases, the child will lose his appetite and suffer from nausea
What are the diets to prevent baby constipation?
Children should be fed less meat foods. Fiber foods, such as vegetables should be fed more. Children usually do not want to eat, it is a common complaint of mothers. Why do I say that he does not want to eat? Every child in our society now eat chips, chocolate, or eat some national palatable. If one piece of chips grabbed the calories, then 100 chips inside a packet, if the child is 00 calories. I wonder if the day will not eat anything else. So after eating the chips to feed the mother of a child who wants to give rice, flour wants to, he can’t eat. Because there will be no hunger. Will not have the desire to eat. His power is no longer needed.
However, if these are to avoid the usual food, the meal is a little milk, some vegetables, and fruits without involving these children do not have constipation.
Why should be a doctor consultation?
- When there are traces of blood in the stools.
- The child spends two weeks or more without going to the saddle.
- An anal fissure is suspected (risk of infections).
- When you notice an abnormal weight loss.
Some ways to prevent baby constipation
- Increase amount of water consumption.
- Giving natural fruit juice.
- More fiber-rich foods keep in the baby diet.
- Soft messages on the baby’s tummy.
- Some yoga positions can promote stool emission.
- Suppository glycerin can be given.
Usually, constipation is solved (in babies who take the bottle) adding more amount of water to the milk. If you still try this, it will not be solved, and if your baby is more than a year old, you can try giving him a daily teaspoon of natural orange juice sweetened with industrialized honey. This usually normalizes bowel movements.
The healthy diet is very important to avoid constipation. More fiber-rich foods keep in the baby diet.
Limit the consumption of very fatty and very sweet foods, as well as animal proteins.
Soft messages on the baby’s tummy are also sometimes helpful and you should remember that you should never give enemas to a baby.
The baby should be fed plenty of water and fiber to food.
Some yoga positions can promote stool emission. Among other things, we recommend twisting the ground.
Encourage the child to do at least one hour of exercise per day
Warning! Do not give oral laxatives to treat constipation in children. Suppository glycerin can be given at home.
If, the above remedies must comply with the Children’s quite a good way to reduce constipation.
Our team of writers and experts makes every effort to provide you with quality information. We remind you that it is strongly recommended consulting a doctor if you think you have a health problem.
==> What do you need to know about baby care right now?