Newborn baby food – The moments when you give your baby the bottle are wonderful and conducive to your connection and your knowledge of each other. So, your baby’s father and other family members can feed him from the beginning.
Newborn baby food – Choosing the right artificial milk
Artificial infant formula is designed to meet the nutritional needs of your baby, much like the breast milk, they are inspired by. Most artificial milks are made from modified cow’s milk and all standard brands are very similar. Choose one fortified with iron unless your doctor gives you another indication.
Artificial milks are offered in two forms of preparation:
- ready to use (most expensive)
- powdered (the most economical)
Read the mixing instructions carefully.
Newborn baby food – Water and milk powder
There is no need to use bottled water to prepare the formula unless there is a problem with your tap water. Consult your doctor and the local water utility if you have any questions. After six months, babies also need fluoride. Absent in bottled water, fluoride may be present in tap water, in more or less adequate amounts.
How much is enough newborn baby food?
The stomachs of newborns can only contain small amounts at the beginning of their lives. 30 to 60 ml per meal is usually enough at first, but when your baby is two months old, for example, it will take between 720 to 960 ml a day and about six to seven meals over a 24 hour period.
Here is a small idea of how much artificial milk your baby needs, and how often it needs to be fed:
|Quantity per meal||Frequency of meals|
|Newborn||60 to 90 ml||Every 3 to 4 hours|
|A month||120 ml||Every 4 hours|
|Two months||120 ml||4 to 6 meals / 24 hours|
|Four months||120 to 180 ml||4 meals / 24 hours|
|Six months||180 to 240 ml||4 meals / 24 hours including 1 spoonful|
|A year||240 ml||4 meals / 24 hours including 2 spoons|
Follow your baby’s directions
Remember that each baby is unique and that their diet will vary from one meal to another, and from one day to the next. Never force him to finish his artificial milk and do not leave him on his hunger either. A baby who regurgitates often may prefer smaller and more frequent meals.
Things to know:
- Wash one’s hands. Always remember to wash your hands thoroughly before preparing artificial milk.
- Wash the feeding equipment. If you wash and rinse baby bottles and teats thoroughly with warm, clean water, boiling or sterilizing them will not be necessary. Be sure to clean up any artificial milk residue, which can easily perish and upset your baby’s stomach.
- Discard the artificial milk used. The prepared formula can be kept in the refrigerator for 48 hours if the baby has not touched the pacifier. If he’s touched, discard what’s left after his meal.
- Warming of the artificial milk. Never heat the formula in the microwave. Microwaves heat it unevenly and hot areas will burn your baby. Place the bottle under warm water for a few minutes to bring it to room temperature.
- Change of artificial milk. Sometimes changing artificial milk can help prevent small digestive disorders. However, remember to consult your doctor before any changes.
- Different digestion. The artificial milk evolves more slowly in the digestive system. The duration between meals will be a little longer (from three to four hours) and stools will be a little larger and dry than those of breastfed babies.
Things to remember
- Hold your baby during meals. To leave him alone with his bottle represents a risk of suffocation.
- Check his layers. If your baby wets less diapers than usual, call your doctor. He may be dehydrated or malnourished.
- Make sure the hole in the pacifier is at the right size. If it is too big, your baby will choke and be frightened by this fast milk flow. If he has trouble drinking, the hole may be too small or the pacifier too hard for him.
Read More …………..
- Baby food how much time is needed food for baby?
[amazon_link asins=’B06W52WHMQ,B007WP3WOW,B01G7JOQZW,B0767YMWJ9,B0746D2RPJ,B00KQCE1Y8,B001GIQVRG,B003VKWMJI’ template=’ProductCarousel’ store=’babyprodu0667-20′ marketplace=’US’ link_id=’89dbc5b9-dccc-11e7-8a92-ad1c8e1a3346′]