Infant mortality in the world is one of the main causes of baby diarrhea. If your baby liquid stools three times a day or more? He surely has diarrhea. Sometimes vomiting or abdominal pain and fever with diarrhea can be.
What is baby diarrhea?
Baby diarrhea is an acceleration of the intestinal transit, manifested by liquid stools three times a day or more. Stools liquid, usually green and with a strong odor, is associated with vomiting. A breastfed baby stools have naturally liquid, but usually in brown.
Two types of diarrhea in children:
There are two types of diarrhea in infants:
- Acute diarrhea and
- Chronic diarrhea.
Acute diarrhea suddenly occurs. The origin may be due to a mycotic, bacterial or viral infection or ingestion of toxic substances. In the case of loss of 10 to 15% of the initial weight, must be hospitalized the child to prevent severe dehydration. A suppression of dairy products replaced by alternative substances and a diet based on rice and carrots will help the intestinal transit to regularize.
Chronic diarrhea is due to absorption and digestive disorders, they are caused by food intolerances or an allergy to certain foods. In the baby, this type of diarrhea is often due to intolerance to cow’s milk and gluten. Analyzes are sometimes useful in identifying disorders. Treatment involves the removal of the food in question or the replacement of a non-tolerated substance.
What are the causes of diarrhea?
The following some reason is the most responsible for causes of baby diarrhea.
- Food allergy or intolerance food
- Immaturity of the intestinal system of the child
- Polluted water
- Disease germs
- Worms or Parasites
Food allergy or intolerance food:
If your baby suffers abdominal pain and stool is liquid, which often smells very bad, he may suffer from a food allergy. The most common form of food intolerance is an allergy to cow’s milk proteins and gluten. It can cause to eczema and blood presence in the stool.
This problem is solved by removing milk, or bread and cereals, from the diet and improves to around two years. It is useful to keep a written record of your child’s meals to help the doctor in his diagnosis during the consultation, essential!
Immaturity of the intestinal system of the child:
The baby has loose and frequent stools but is well and takes a normal weight. He may have diarrhea due to the immaturity of his intestinal system. In this case, it is common, if fed with solid foods, to observe traces of his meals in the stool. Things generally improve over time.
Water holds a great place in the life of man. Without it no life is possible, without it men and animals are dying. But polluted water can cause many diseases. Polluted water is one of the causes of baby diarrhea. It is the set of infectious diseases due to pathogens deposited in the external environment by excreta
Indeed in the human excrements are found viruses, bacteria, and parasites which are invisible to the naked eye and which give the diseases.
Some disease germs are also responsible to causes of baby diarrhea. Disease germs bacteria and virus is mainly causing baby diarrhea.
Worms or Parasites:
The worm is not the only intestinal parasite. Several dozen different worms are known: tapeworm, pinworm, roundworm. They develop and reproduce in the intestine. When a baby is the affected by worms or parasites, itching anus, abdominal pains or diarrhea is babies. This is the one causes of baby diarrhea.
What are the symptoms of diarrhea in children?
Diarrhea is an unusually frequent evacuation of liquid stools of various colors (green, black, yellow, etc.). Sometimes there are remains of undigested food. The stool sometimes contains mucus and blood. Strong diarrhea may be accompanied by fever and abdominal pain. What are the possible complications of diarrhea in children? In infants, abundant diarrhea can rapidly lead to dehydration and loss of mineral salts. Severe dehydration in severe dehydration manifests itself in severe fatigue, hollow eyes and circles, loss of weight and psychic disturbances (disorientation, torpor, abnormal sleepiness, etc.). In the case of chronic diarrhea, the general condition of the child deteriorates progressively and is accompanied by significant weight loss. Causes of diarrhea in children The most common causes of diarrhea are: Most often, infection with viruses (such as rotavirus gastroenteritis), sometimes by bacteria, parasites or, more rarely, by microscopic fungi.
What are the Foods to Avoid in Baby Diarrhea?
Some foods are mostly responsible for the causes of baby diarrhea. So, avoid this food when baby’s diarrhea.
- Fruits or vegetables too rich in fiber and citrus fruits that accelerate the transit.
- No raw vegetables, avoid legumes (dry beans, lentils, peas …)
- Stop foods that are too sweet, rich, fatty or spicy.
- For a moment, take the milk and dairy products out of the diet.
- To avoid cold meats.
- Avoid pastries, cakes, and chocolate.
How to do you prevent baby diarrhea?
If the baby has diarrhea should take special care at home. Good hygiene prevents the risk of diarrhea due to the consumption of contaminated food. For this, always wash your hands thoroughly when you have been in contact with stools and especially before feeding your baby. How to you do baby diarrhea treatment you should follow these tips:
- Children under the age of 6 months should be fed only mother’s milk and saline.
- The children should be fed mother’s milk more frequently.
- Repeated treat continues by oral rehydration salt.
- Serve healthy food to the baby.
- Drink more liquid food such as rice starch, coconut water.
- Before preparing food, wash your hands with soap and water.
- On the other hand, rice, bananas, carrots, compotes, quince apples or banana apples are easy to digest and improve transit in case of diarrhea. For the little ones, prepare them rice starch or rice saline. If he does not vomit, he can drink rehydration solutions at will.
- Ask in a pharmacy for special diarrhea milk that feeds your child without causing additional diarrhea.
- Do not give him more milk, green vegetables or dairy products.
- In the case of allergic disorders and recurrent diarrhea, lactose-free hypoallergenic milk may be proposed by the doctor.
When to consult a doctor?
Whatever the cause of diarrhea, it is important to consult a doctor:
- Your baby has a fever.
- He is less than 3 months old.
- Presenting signs of dehydration (loss of appetite, weight, rarer and darker urine, dry mouth, thirst, hollow eyes, crying without tears).
- Vomiting for more than 8 hours or with a lot of effort.
- A blood in vomiting or stools.
- When your baby is bloated.
- Baby is without energy or very drowsy.
- Has abdominal pain for more than 2 hours.
- Had more than 8 stools in 8 hours.
- If your child is less than three months old and suffers from diarrhea, consult your doctor immediately or go to the hospital.
- When diarrhea is accompanied by fever or when it becomes impossible to rehydrate and feed the child, emergency hospitalization is required.
Every mom should know how to prevent or treatment of baby diarrhea. Mom is so much worry when baby’s diarrhea start. We are tried to write the solution of every problem of baby diarrhea. This article is helpful for your baby diarrhea prevention. You can share this article with your friends or relatives.
==> What do you need to know about baby care right now?